"Not All Who Wander are Lost"
A suburban housewife and mother suddenly finds herself VULNERABLE, HOMELESS AND LOST in downtown Los Angeles.
A universal story of love and human connection, Chocolate delves into the heartbreaking issue of Eve (piercey dalton), a mother who is suddenly separated from her daughter due to the unforgiving nature of EARLY ONSET Alzheimer’s. Alone, lost and vulnerable in the streets of Downtown Los Angeles, she struggles to find her way home until a trigger brings the past into full view.
Chocolate continues to earn accolades and awards from film festivals and entertainment critics. It is proudly endorsed by Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles. The short film is written and directed by Thiago Dadalt and produced by D. Ellen Miller Productions. For updates, please check us on Facebook and Instagram.
Chocolate is eligible for the 2017 Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Live Action Short Film category.
- FIRSTGLANCE FILM FESTIVAL PHILADELPHIA - OCT 6th/8th 2017 - 20th years festival anniversary
- BEST DIRECTOR - thiago dadalt
- BEST DRAMA - Thiago Dadalt & Dru Miller
- CATALINA FILM INSTITUTE AND FESTIVAL - OCT 1, 2017
- Winner BEST US SHORT 2017 - THIAGO DADALT & DRU MILLER
- United International Film Festival - L.A, September 3, 2017 - los angeles
- WINNER BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY - Andre Chesini
- MANHATTAN FILM FESTIVAL - May 01, 2017 - NEW YORK city
- WINNER FILM HEALS AWARD - “This award is given to filmmakers that use the power of film to promote peace, justice, equality, and humanity. A film that has the unique ability to raise awareness and bring change”.
- FIRSTGLANCE FILM FESTIVAL HOLLYWOOD - April 23, 2017 - los angeles
- WINNER BEST ACTRESS- PIERCEY DALTON
London IFF 2017 - February 19, 2017
- WINNER BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - AMY ARGYLE
UPCOMING FILM FESTIVALS 2017
CARMEL FILM FESTIVAL - OCT 18-22, 2017
HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL at Chinese theater in los angeles - HFF 2017 (October 19-28, 2017)
NAPA VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL - November 8 – 12, 2017
Pictoclik Film Festival - November 11th, 2017 - San francisco,
PAST FESTIVALS and events 2017
- LACMA NATIONAL ALZHEIMER’S AWARENESS - 23 SEPTEMBER 2017 at Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- 12th Annual HollyShorts 2017 - los angeles
- took place August 10-19 at the TCL Chinese theater and Harmony Gold in los angeles, california.
- California Women’s Film Festival - July 22, 2017 - los angeles
- BEST ACTRESS - Piercey Dalton
- CHOCOLATE USA PREMIER - MARCH 5th, 2017 - los angeles
- AT THE FAMOUS LANDMARK THEATER IN BEVERLY HILLS.
CAST AND CREW
Written and Directed by
PIERCEY DALTON as Eve
JOAO BOUNASSAR as Lewis Brown
AMY ARGYLE as Janet
Talia Bacha as Ellen
Torrey Goldman as Janet’s Daughter
Justin Andrews as Hollywood Blvd. Father
Valentina Letuchaya as Hollywood Blvd. Daughter
First AD – Ekin Ergen
Costume Design - Erin Seelert
Production design - Traci Hays
Makeup / Hair – Bruna Nogueira
Music Composer – Jimmy Hammer
Sound mixing – Jimmy Hammer
Sound mixing – Garry Zacuto
Sound Recording – Eric Rosas
Sound Design – Milton Miné / Wallace Schmidt
Graphic design / Color – Ricardo Ariel
Key PA - Ruby Garson
PA - Eric Gindele
PA – Ben Grant
PA – Giselle Claudino
CP – Damaris Pinheiro
Script Supervisor - Meghan McBain
Storyboard Artist - Ramil Rafikov
Edting by - Thiago DaDalt
1st AC/ DIT - David Okolo
1st AC/ DIT - Joshua Hill
Camera PA - Chris Roach
Gaffer - Ryan Rodgers
Key Grip - Robert Quinn
BTS photos and videos – Marcos Daniel Ferreira
EXTRAS as HOMELESS
Alander Big Aj Pulliam
SPECIAL THANK YOU
Hollywood casting and Film
Lamp community Downtown L.A
Epic Dragon - RED camera
UK Film Review - “A somber story told beautifully, Chocolate is a short film that knows how to push the right buttons, without losing its grip on the visual style it maintains throughout.” - READ THE FULL REVIEW
UTAH FILM FESTIVAL AND AWARDS - ”Thiago Dadalt deserves every praise for this well-written story and brilliantly directed film. Chocolate is what makes the idea of watching films indispensable.” - READ THE FULL REVIEW
- Award winner cinematographer andre chesini - "With a cinematographer like Chesini on the scene, one can only imagine the calibre of content that he will continue to bring to the industry." - READ THE FULL REVIEW
- Brazilian director AIMS FOR the 2018 Oscars - REVIEW IN PORTUGUESE